Solutions for Sonicwall performance issues?

We just got a 10 mbps line put in, and our Pro 1260 only lets traffic through that fast if we turn off all services. We are trying to decide if it would be better to get a faster firewall, or to turn off all the services and get a CSM 2200. However, we are unable to find any information on the CSM line regarding throughput. Has anyone tried this? Would this be a better solution than getting a more powerful firewall? Or is there a better way besides these options?

Thanks, Trevor

Reply to
Trevor
Loading thread data ...

Am Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:42:46 -0800 schrieb Trevor:

Keep you hands away from the sonicwall crap, I made the same bad experience with traffice and a lot more. Now e use netscreen, the OS is lot's better, faster and not so buggy. ( e.g. try ssh keys bigger than 2048 and sonicwall goes away). Even the support costs only money, they wasn't be able to fix anything.

cheers

Reply to
Burkhard Ott

The CSM range are just for content filtering av spyware etc they do not do any firewall blocking ( we used to have a 2200 but found it could not cope with over 200 users) Your best bet would be to look at differant solutions ( we use a 4050 with our 10mb line) but i would reccomend looking elsewhere other than sonicwall as the support is abysmal ( i have had calls open 87% of the time over the last 2 yrs). Try netgear, smoothwall (for a cheaper solution using your own hardware), secure.or one of the other companies.

Good luck

Reply to
Phil

The idea was to put a CSM behind the firewall, and turn off all the stuff on the firewall that the CSM does. However, we just realized that we'd actually need to get two CSMs - one for the LAN and one for the DMZ.

We've had good experience with Sonicwall. The support isn't that great, but the products themselves are very good. I've looked into other products, but they seem to either lack the features or are much more difficult to administer.

It's looking like the Pro 3060 might be what we need.

Thanks, Trevor

Reply to
Trevor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.