Software firewalls effective against keystroke loggers?

I'm a little worried about unauthorized keystroke loggers getting my account ids and passwords when I log into web sites. Does anyone know to what extent a software firewall like ZoneAlarm protects against unauthorized keystroke loggers?

It seems to me that when such a logger attempts to contact it's home base to send back the keystroke data, the software firewall will detect the attempt. I know that this assumes that the firewall is properly configured and that the user pays attention to the ZoneAlarm popup message. But if these conditions are true then it seems like the firewall will catch the logger.

Thanks.

Reply to
Billy Smith
Loading thread data ...

Personal firewall cannot protect against malware that is sufficiently evil.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Kueter

Reply to
Gary

What is a hardware stroker and how could it defeat a software firewall?

Thanks.

Reply to
Billy Smith

There are small 'dongles' that you can plug into your computer, and then plug the keyboard into that, so it can record everything without any software being able to see it. No registry entries or hidden files on the comp for software firewall/anti-virus/anti-spyware programs to see/find.

Reply to
ArtDent

If you are into security, you need to physically check your puter every once is awhile. The world is getting crazier by the second!

ArtDent wrote:

Reply to
Gary

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.