Sidewinder firewall not allowing connections

I have a sidewinder firewall, fully patched (I think) that I only know a little bit about, but I do have full admin rights on the box.

Currently it is not allowing anything through. I can login to the console, I can ping it and it can ping me, but it cannot resolve any URLs, or ping any IPs out side the internal burb.

The origional problem that I was working on when this happend was an issue with DNS not updating, I changed an IP from the GUI and it never took affect, you could see the new IP in the GUI but looking it up on the firewall still reported the old IP. I attempted restarting DNS but it was still not working so I tried to restart the firewall, now very little works!

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
MURDOCK
Loading thread data ...

To help out anyone that may see this in the future, after chasing this one for several hours I discovered that /var was full. Deleted a couple of files and everything came back.

Reply to
MURDOCK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.