Share internet connection with Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite

Dear all can you help me to configure Zone Alarm Security Suite installed on desktop computer with Win XP Pro SP1 linked at internet by ADSL usb modem and linked in WiFi lan with my laptop? I would like to share internet connection keepping setted at high the Firewall internet zone security. Because now I am able to share connection only lowering to medium this setting. Thanks in advance. Best regards. Roberto (IW1ERL) from Italy

Reply to
IW1ERL
Loading thread data ...

You should take note on the NAT router and forget about using ZA to protect a LAN situation.

formatting link
Again, take note on the NAT router being suggested in this link too.

formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

I found this suggestion on Zone Alarm forum and applied they work! So I post them to help other people on this newsgroup Best regards Roberto (IW1ERL)

ICS Settings: .................................................................................................. On the gateway machine, do the following. Click start -> run, type cmd and click ok. Type ipconfig /all and press enter. Find the connection you are using, and make note of all the DNS servers. Type exit and press enter.

Double-click the ZA icon down by the clock. Click firewall -> main, and click the advanced button. Put the check in "this computer is an ICS/NAT gateway" , and click ok. Click firewall -> zones.

Add each DNS server to the trusted zone. To do this, do the following. Click the add button, and then click IP address. Click trusted, put in the IP address, enter a description, and click ok. When finished adding all addresses, click the apply button.

Next, click program control -> programs. Locate Generic Host Processing. Under the server column, for trusted, change that to a check. Don't change server internet to a check, just server trusted.

If you have ZoneAlarm on the other computers, do the following. Click the ZA icon down by the clock. Click firewall -> main, and click the advanced button. Put the check in "this computer is a client of an ICS/NAT gateway" , and click ok.

Bill

Reply to
IW1ERL

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.