security tool virus removal

Hi, Ive just removed security tool virus using the procedures here:

formatting link
I still have one problem left, I cannot enable my desktop to change the wallpaper. please help.

Reply to
techsalvage
Loading thread data ...

a) This is a firewall newsgroup. Go to alt.comp.anti-virus or alt.comp.virus for malware-related questions. b) Your system has been compromised. Since you don't know if anything else than what you found was manipulated on your system, your only safe option to get a clean system is to flatten and re-build. See .

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

There might be some Security Tool vrius files lurking in your pc. you should completely remove Security Tool virus from your PC. especially, delete REGISTRY VALUES of Security Tool that will help you get your background options back.

formatting link

Reply to
dfinc

According to McAfee's SiteAdvisor this site is the source of multiple Trojans.

Reply to
1PW

formatting link
Removal tools (or instructions for manual removal) are no solution to an infection, particularly not with malware that may download more malware or may give an attacker remote access. One can never be sure what else was modified on the system and thus can never be certain that the malware was removed entirely.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Thats not fair, @ 1PW

Reply to
dfinc

Security tool is a rogue spyware, use super anti spyware to remove it

Reply to
darfun

Reply to
darfun

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.