searching a firewall

Hi

I am searching a firewall for my company and I and lookimg isa server or firewall as cisco asa 5505

Which is the best?

Thank you

Reply to
Agustí Pons
Loading thread data ...

Since we don't know what you a protecting or what you will need for remote access or branch office needs not one ethical person could possibly tell you.

Reply to
Leythos

Hi Leythos

I want to installa a firewall to protect all the network We hace 2 vpn to remote office and i would like remote access with 4-5 laptops

"Leythos" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@adfree.Usenet.com...

Reply to
Agustí Pons

And what are you protecting - network is very wide reaching.

Do you have servers that will be accessed by the public? If so, what types?

What type of server are the remote users accessing?

If you have Windows Small Business Server you don't need a VPN, they can work remotely through a SSL tunnel using the built-in RWW function of SBS.

One thing you might want to consider, if you have remote users and they are using a vpn for files, it will be very slow and that means that the data must come to their laptops - which means that if it's medical information then you've violated HIPAA rules. So, you could have them VPN into the company, then remote desktop into their workstations or a small terminal server, so that no company data has to leave the network.

Many firewalls, like WatchGuard, the X550e will support VPN connections directly to the appliance and then you can use a rule to limit it to exactly what they need (like TCP 3389 for remote-deskstop).

Reply to
Leythos

I have windows 2003 server in my servers, and yessssssssssss i need the remote desktop in myt remote laptops, but in the future i would like to connect through to VPN

I have echange 2007 with OWA and the users use it from external

Whick is your opinion: CISCO /ISA server?

Thank you very much

Reply to
Agustí Pons

ISA on a DEDICATED Box would be fine, it would also provide an easier solution for you to manage unless you're a strong CISCO person. So, as long as you can install ISA 2004 on a dedicated server, I would pick it first, then the CISCO solution.

Reply to
Leythos

I'm thinking to do

642-502 - SNRS Securing Networks with CISCO routers and Switches 642-522 - SNPA Securing Networks with PIX and ASA

and later install a CISCO firewall, but i was thinking is this way is the best solution

THank you very much

Reply to
Agustí Pons

You only gave us two choices. If you want the "best solution" then you're going to need to expand the number of choices and your wallet.

Reply to
Default User

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.