Router Firewall with Good Features

I'd like to buy a good Router/Firewall. I think it'd have this features:

1) Log to my email 2) Set a traffic limit (bitrate or numbers of connections) for a specific port number or Process Name If the traffic exceed this limit I'd like to block or to log the traffic 3) Log of the traffic blocked(see 2) of a specific port number or Process Name 4) Filter the logs by Process Name and port number 5) DNS Settings 6) IP and Content Filtering 7) Backup of all the settings 8) Password Administration 9) Adsl 2

Can anyone suggest me a router with most of this features?

Reply to
a
Loading thread data ...

number or Process Name

How much do you want to spend?

Reply to
Leythos

Hi,.

We use SafeSquid as proxy and application layer firewall. It has a browser basd GUI for management of rules and filters.

SafeSquid generates logs in 3 formats i.e firewall, squid and extended. You can use any open source log analyzer like sarg, webalizer, calamaris, sawmill, etc. Most of them have email option.

number or Process Name

The 'Limits' feature can be used to throttle QoS and limit nuber of connections based on IP, username, group, website being visited, port, time, etc.

Sarg can be uesd for this purpose

SafeSquid logs can be pumped into mysql database for running different queries

Yes

Multiple options like url filter, url blacklist, mime filter, cookie filter, header filter, etc.

SafeSquid settings are stored in an xml file of a few kb. Can be backed up / restored easily.

The GUI interface is password protected. Can also be configured to be accessed only from specific IP(s).

If you have a network of about 20-30 users, you can happily use the full-featured Composite 20 free version -

formatting link
on the SAfeSquid forum at hhtp://
formatting link
and use your ID to download this file.

Best Regards

Reply to
sean

Leythos ha scritto:

port number or Process Name

Less than 300¤

Reply to
a

fic port number or Process Name

I'm in the USA, not sure what 300(unknown symbol) is, but I'm going to=20 guess that it's about $300 US?

I can't think of a single quality Firewall Appliance that will provide=20 ALL that you want for $300 US, typically I would expect to pay about=20 $2000 for something with those features.

You could try and roll your own on a old PC with Linux and Dual NIC's?

--=20

Leythos

- Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

- Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a=20 drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist" snipped-for-privacy@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

Reply to
Leythos

Hi,

Would be nice for you, but 1$ is about 0.74 EUR

Probably.

Which is not much cheaper if you count in a decent wage.

Cheers, Jens

Reply to
Jens Hoffmann

So, this is another I want the world for next to nothing :)

Yep, but some people don't count that since they build it on their spare=20 time over a weekend and we don't know the wage status.

--=20

Leythos

- Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

- Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a=20 drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist" snipped-for-privacy@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.