Recommendations needed

Hi All

I hope this is the appropriate group for my question - if not, I apologise in advance.

I am seeking some recommendations for a new firewall.

We have five servers based in a data centre, used to host web sites and Sharepoint installations. We also run our own email and an FTP server. Currently, we are using a SonicWall TZ170.

All our sites use SSL, and therefore are on distinct IP addresses. We ran out of addresses on our 195.50.92.X range, and requested a new IP block which runs from 212.187.163.X. Our SonicWall doesn't seem to let us have two seperate subnets routed into the WAN port without upgrading the OS, and given that I'm been less than impressed with SonicWall so far I am looking for a new firewall.

My requirements are basically:

- Small - preferably 1U or smaller (we have limited space in our rack)

- More than 5 LAN ports

- Ability to set up static routes and NAT for more than one range of IPs.

e.g. Our NAT table needs to look something like this:

Public Private

195.50.92.1 192.168.1.1 195.50.92.2 192.168.1.2 212.187.163.1 192.168.1.3 212.187.163.2 192.168.1.4

I am also not a networking guy, so something that's easy to configure is preferable!

I have looked at the web sites for Cisco, etc, and I have to say I'm thoroughly confused.

Can someone recommend an appropriate device please?

Many, many thanks - Richard

Reply to
the_nextman
Loading thread data ...

Hi Richard,

Save your time and invetment by considering second generation firewalls, these security boxes are all in one boxes which can prevent most known Internet threats ( like hacking, Intrusion, Viruses, Spam, Spyware and even content filtering), I do recomend two brands here : FORTINET and ASTARO they are the leaders in what so called UTM - Unified Threat Management technology.

I am using FORTINET for more than a year now, it's "peace of mind"!

Please chek this link for more details about this technology:

formatting link

Naim

the_nextman wrote:

Reply to
Panda

Hi Panda,

Incredible - I literally just got off the phone to a consultancy and they also said I would be stupid to go for anythin but a FORTINET.

Thanks for the confirmation that this is the way to go.

Cheers, Rich

Reply to
the_nextman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.