Re: DNS Message

Did not even need to reboot. IPCONFIG /release_all + IPCONFIF /renew_all and the problem solved!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Peter Rofe wrote:

I solved the problem by removing the TCP/IP stack, rebooting and then adding > the TCP/IP stack back. > > Peter Rofé > > One solution posted here yesterday spoke of deleting schannel.dll. > Allen K 1/6/2000 10:50 PM > Re: Cannot Load Secure Pages - Possible Solution > > Other OS versions undoubtedly have other needs. > > -- > > Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP Expert Associate > marfer's notes for XP -

formatting link

. > (reply address snipped-for-privacy@msn.com is a no bounce output to the nul

device)

.. > > I have IE 6.0 on Win98SE. I am able to access most web sites but with > some > > sites I get the DNS Error page. > > > > I have run smartdrv and deleted the history, temp, tempor~1 and cookies > > files. I replaced the wsock32.dll file. I do not use a proxy. I am > using > > a Linksys wireless home network which has a firewall. The other computer > > that is networked is able to reach all sites and has no problems. There > is > > no web accelerator program installed. I have checked the Hosts folder and > > for duplicate wsock32.dll files and that the version is the latest copy. > I > > have also ran the Internet Explorer Repair Tool in System > Information/Tools. > > > > The sites I visit that do not load are
formatting link

formatting link

> and
formatting link
etc. I called Citibank's tech support who said that the > > common link is that all the sites that I cannot access begin with a 192 IP > > address and that I should have my ISP (Adelphia - I use a cable modem) > trace > > the routes. Adelphia did run a trace on the routes and they said that > there > > is not a problem in the lines - my other computer accesses sites without a > > problem on the same network. What do you suggest I do?
Reply to
Eugene
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.