public service - url filtering

Hello,

Can someone recommend a web site that publishes bad reputation URLs? I'm looking for a list of URLs that are known to distribute malware. I'm also looking for a such a list that is publicly available.

Thanks

sr

Reply to
shai
Loading thread data ...

The first thing that comes to my mind is to use something like the MVPS hosts file to get a list

formatting link
. I don't know of any site that creates a list of bad sites, per se, other than something like "Site Advisor"
formatting link
, which you actually have to know the site url before they will give you a report on it. You can also get "bad domains" from IESpyAd
formatting link
, but you'll need to parse through the RegEdit scripts to find them.

Reply to
Default User

most anti-spyware/adware programmes have an option to protect your pc from threats, this usually involves dumping thousands of sites into your hosts file. spysweeper is one and spybot is another. You might want to leech their lists.

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

We use SafeSquid, as proxy and application layer firewalling. It has an option to query with in.dnsbl.org, to confirm that the url that the users visit, do not belong to an unwanted domain. If a domain is listed with dnsbl.org, access to that url is blocked. The details are available at

formatting link
SafeSquid can also use the flat file categorised database, like from urlblacklist.com, to block access to any of the 72 categories. You can download the database once from
formatting link
need to register to get regular updates.

Reply to
sean

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.