proxy to bypass firewall?

Wihndows NT4, 95, 98, and ME are 4.x Windows systems, and 2000, XP, and 2003 are 5.x systems. Windows Vista will be a 6.x system. Vista has sometimes been called NT 6 or Windows 6.

Reply to
Charles Newman
Loading thread data ...

[...]

[...]
[...]

I dunno - I'm quoting your post which includes all of his, and the quoting looks OK to me. In fact:

[chandra ~]$ grep secure /var/spool/news/news/comp/security/firewalls/221394

properly - I didn't say it was more secure, you seen to have cut-off the part of the article where another poster said it's more secure, leaving [chandra ~]$

grep says that the only place the word 'secure' was used was once by the bean-counter-wannabe, once by ' snipped-for-privacy@rudyspc.attic.ccc', and twice by you in the last sentence. As shown above, the attribution lines are in place as well. Maybe your reader has the problem.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

By whose definition? win9x and ME only look vaguely like NT4, and still has MS-DOS running around underneath everything. NT1, NT2, NT3, NT3.5, NT3.51, and NT4 were all based on VMS, which is about as far as you can get from a MS-DOS in the microsoft world. Just because they have similar looking icons on the user interface doesn't mean that the stuff underneath is the same. Heck, compare windoze to the Apple Mac, CDE running under SunOS (well before Solaris) or the GNOME or KDE desktops of today - sure, they all have icons and start menus...

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

It could have been the posting app not formatting for expected format and my reader not liking the posting format - there is always a chance it was something like that. MicroPlanet's Gravity has never failed me before, so when I see a misquoted message I tend to think it's the poster, not my client.

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.