Port Testing via www page

I apologize in advance if this is not the correct forum for this. Please direct me to the appropriate posting group if this is not the best place.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I can find code examples on testing for open tcp ports using a www page?

The applications I work with require various ports to be open. Obviously if the port isn't open, the application doesn't work. Unfortunately the errors generated by the applications are not always clear that the problem is port related. I was hoping to create a port tester to verify if the required ports are open. I would prefer this route over a stand alone program as many of the end users are in financial centers and they aren't to keen on 3rd party port scanning software probing their network.

I know there are sites already in existence that do this (shields up, etc), but I was hoping for something less elaborate and to customize it for just the ports needed for my applications. I thank you for reviewing this post.

Reply to
BarryD
Loading thread data ...

Hello, I normally don't like to direct people to google, but there are so many different scripts to chose from. web-based php ones seem easiest to configure (as opposed to mod_perl or mod_python)

formatting link
I hope this helps

regards dc

Reply to
datacide

Tons of portscanners just waiting for you to be downloaded

Reply to
hp-ux

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.