port 500 SYTEK UDP

Hello, I have firewall alert (opost 4.0), remote address: 219.74.174.53 (Singapore) want my local UDP:500. Advice please, should I open this port? Thx

Reply to
adax
Loading thread data ...

I presume you mean "Outpost". This is no firewall, neither does it create any useful information. Why do you even log such stuff?

In case of doubt: no. Why are you even asking? If this answer isn't already clear to you, you should not try to run any firewall.

And what's the meaning of "SYTEK" in that context?

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

Yes, Outpost 4.0

OK thx

Why are you even asking? If this answer isn't

I was looking for description UDP:500 and I read in this way: 500 SYTEK UDP Unfortunately, I don't know what the "SYTEK" means

Reply to
adax

Who tells such a nonsense? UDP 500 typically is ISAKMP, which is exactly what /etc/services tells. I'm not able to find anything there about "SYTEK".

And as someone who wants to run a firewall you should definitely know that.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

OK, OK, maybe someone learnts... Should I open this port? Thank You

Reply to
adax

As Sebastian said in his first reply to you: When in doubt - NO!

Reply to
ArtDent

Why would you want to do that?

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote: : adax wrote: : > Hello, I have firewall alert (opost 4.0), remote address: : > 219.74.174.53 (Singapore) want my local UDP:500. : > Advice please, should I open this port? Thx

: Why would you want to do that?

If you're having VPN users that can connect to your network while travelling you might need to open this port in order to get IKE working.

Lars

Reply to
larstr

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.