PLS HELP: Suggestion needed on ARP/MultiNAT router or firewall

Hi,

I really need someone's help on this:

I am looking for a SOHO level router or firewall which will be able to translate multiple public ip addresses assigend to us by ISP to different servers on our LAN. We had this beautiful D-Link DFL-300 which did the job for 3 years and just died 2 weeks ago. As this model is no longer supported, i bought DFL-700 but after spending two days on it i couldn't figure out why it doesn't pass PPTP VPN to our Windows 2003 based VPN server from outside. D-Link customer service is unbeliveably auwful, i've been on hold for a few hours in sum so i gave up and am shipping it back.

My other candidate was Netgear's FVX538 but i've seen only bad reviews so it's off the list now. I have a pretty good opinion about Linksys but i haven't seen any deviced supporting multiple public ip translation on their web site.

I'm sure Cisco has some good ones, but they are way too expencive with $700 + devices.

Any ideas/suggestions/comments woud be HIGHLY appreciated!!!

PS. I'm in US so interested in devices on US market PPS. I'm not a sysadmin, i'm more of a software developer, it just happened that i'm currently supporting our network, so please be patient and use simple words :)

Thank you in advance, MuZZy

Reply to
tnr.news
Loading thread data ...

Hi Muzzy,

You can check out the Check Point Safe@Office here:

formatting link
. The feature you're looking for is covered in depth here:
formatting link
Another thing you'll probably like is the fact the interface is really easy to use, though quite comprehensive.

Reply to
TechGrrl

Any modern router should be pptp-compatible. You are forwarding tcp-1723 to the vpn server? GRE is permitted?

Reply to
Dom

Yes, i'm forwarding tcp 1723 to the VPN server. There is some "Allow VPN Tunnel" check box which is checked. Not sure if something else is needed as D-Link dumb "customer service" has a knowledge as of a newborn. Well, i'm trying again now after patching with the latest firmware...

Reply to
thenextround

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.