Please Help...Nokia BGP

Though not new to Nokia, I'm new to configuring Nokia 4.1b19 to work with IBGP. The manuals are not much help and my ticket is already escalated to Product Line support. I've included some background information below.

1. First, we're using IBGP and the Nokia appliance can establish a session with peers (Cisco Routers) within AS 65416 (private internal AS). Route synchronization is off on the Nokia and Cisco routers.

1. The Nokia appliance receives routes from it's peers. The peers reside a logical VLANS on two physical interfaces (vlan 532, 632 on eth-s1p1 and vlan 564 and 680 on eth-s3p1).

2. tcpdump shows the Nokia receiving route updates but not sending updates to its peers.

1. I've discovered that I had to configure an inbound route filter for BGP; this resulting in receiving the routes from the two peers.

2. I've played with Route redistribution options with no success. All devices reside in AS 65416 (AS number changed to protect the innocent).

Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Todd
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.