Pix 515 version upgrade from 6.2(2) to 6.3(4) causes DNS doctoring to stop working

I was hoping someone could help me with this. I've searched through the Cisco website to no avail.

I upgraded the IOS version on my Pix 515 from 6.2(2) to 6.3(4) as this version supports VOIP better. After the upgrade was complete, the Aliases that I had setup to perform some DNS doctoring stopped working.

Does anyone have any idea why?

I've searched through all the release notes for 6.3(4) and all version between that and 6.2(2). Nothing in those notes is of any help.

Thanks,

Reply to
Hoopsdfw
Loading thread data ...

In article , Hoopsdfw wrote: :I upgraded the IOS version on my Pix 515 from 6.2(2) to 6.3(4) as this :version supports VOIP better. After the upgrade was complete, the :Aliases that I had setup to perform some DNS doctoring stopped working.

comp.dcom.sys.cisco is where the PIX gurus tend to hang out more often.

:Does anyone have any idea why?

There are known bugs with alias in 6.3. 'alias' is gone in 7.0 so you should start converting to the 'dns' keywords on the 'nat' and 'static' statements.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.