PC Optimizer Pro virus – intro and removal guide

PC Optimizer Pro is a misleading computer software which appears to be a legitimate system optimization and antispyware application. But remember, =93PC Optimizer Pro=94 is a fake program created by hackers to earn money from you, it targets computers with vulnerabilities, then it displays fake alerts and warnings on infected computer about virus detection and other serious problems with computer, Then it asks the user to buy full version PC Optimizer Pro software to get rid of viruses and to fix all problems with their machine. Do not trust this fake campaign as it is a scam that wants you to pay for its license fee, if unfortunately you fall for it and you buy PC Optimizer Pro, it dose not help you after purchasing it but it brings new malwares and scamware tools to your computer.

read full story including removal guide at:

formatting link

Reply to
darfun
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
Removal tools (or instructions for manual removal) are no solution to an infection, particularly not with malware that may download more malware or may give an attacker remote access. One can never be sure what else was modified on the system and thus can never be certain that the malware was removed entirely.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

This software just appeared on my family's PC one day. I thought it was pa= rt of an update from my PC manufacturer. Then it asked me to purchase the = software and of course I did not. Now it is performing scans and asking me= if I want to delete files. I am not a Computer Programer so I don't know = which file need to deleted and I don't want this software that I did not in= stall to have access to my PC. I just want it out of my PC immediately. T= hank you very much for the removal guide.

Reply to
phillisajefferson

I am a laptop repair technician and I see this type of software on a regula= r basis. I found this because I was looking up PC Optimizer specifically, = I have seen it before but just identified it as the root cause of the unit = I am working on, and I didn't know that it was a rogue.

I just wanted to add that frequently these (rogue anti-malware) programs = will delete necessary boot files, making it impossible to boot or access yo= ur files normally, to the point that startup repair (even with a disk) will= not work. Many don't seem aware of this because it has the same symptoms = as hardware failure, and on my side some of the techs don't test and just r= eplace the hard drive, never finding the actual cause.

FYI

Reply to
smartyhands2099

legitimate system optimization and antispyware application. But remember, = =93PC Optimizer Pro=94 is a fake program created by hackers to earn money f= rom you, it targets computers with vulnerabilities, then it displays fake a= lerts and warnings on infected computer about virus detection and other ser= ious problems with computer, Then it asks the user to buy full version PC O= ptimizer Pro software to get rid of viruses and to fix all problems with th= eir machine. Do not trust this fake campaign as it is a scam that wants you= to pay for its license fee, if unfortunately you fall for it and you buy P= C Optimizer Pro, it dose not help you after purchasing it but it brings new= malwares and scamware tools to your computer.read full story including rem= oval guide at:

formatting link

Reply to
darfun.inc

formatting link
Removal tools (or instructions for manual removal) are no solution to an infection, particularly not with malware that may download more malware or may give an attacker remote access. One can never be sure what else was modified on the system and thus can never be certain that the malware was removed entirely.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

I actually ended up breaking down and purchasing anti-virus software called Adwcleaner, whic his made by adaware. That actually worked like a charm. N ot only did it get rid of Optimizer Pro, it also got rid of other really an noying adware like zedo and "browse to save" ("browse to save" I found was particularly nasty, as it really wormed its way in to my computer. It's the virus that automatically links words that I read on the Internet to random Web ads. It apparently disguises itself in the most random file in your We b browsing program, so most anti-virus programs dont' even recognize it).

Death to all spammers and creators of adware and malware

Reply to
prestentok

Hey, look here, this might be helpful

formatting link

Reply to
peterthemoose

Op maandag 8 augustus 2011 07:13:33 UTC+2 schreef darfun het volgende:

If you look for a real working removal instruction, check out this post:

formatting link
/

Reply to
stefan.verschuuren

Reply to
rusty5559

Reply to
stewartray02

I launched new blog called

formatting link
yesterday where I cov er about [Online Security,Antivirus & PC Optimizer Pro Software ]. I'm aski ng for a small favor to share the blog on your Facebook and Twitter feed. I t won't take much time and may be useful to your friends who are interested in blogging.

Reply to
johnrudelee

i strongly feel why there is such negative publicity of such a good active software which is always there to help . it is not a virus nor any malware . it is a simple registry cleaner software . which gives and tells errors i n your system which is required o clean . i am personally using this softwa re from so long and its so easy to use and also keep daily care of my Pc . rest i found this article on microsoft community which you all must tread .

Under the Microsoft Malware protection center "the program PCOptimizer Pro does not have potentially unwanted behaviors. Microsoft has released defin ition 1.145.58.0 which no longer detects this program as malware. "

for more information you can also check the following link :

formatting link

Reply to
shradha.xportsoft

e software which is always there to help . it is not a virus nor any malwar e . it is a simple registry cleaner software . which gives and tells errors in your system which is required o clean . i am personally using this soft ware from so long and its so easy to use and also keep daily care of my Pc . rest i found this article on microsoft community which you all must tread .

Complete malware and virus based. I am infected and been on called the site support. They give me nonesense actions to take then want payment to clear their own software which I have no idea how it got on my machine which has trashed my performance, don't go near this. I see CNet offers a download, wtf

ro does not have potentially unwanted behaviors. Microsoft has released def inition 1.145.58.0 which no longer detects this program as malware. "

e software which is always there to help . it is not a virus nor any malwar e . it is a simple registry cleaner software . which gives and tells errors in your system which is required o clean . i am personally using this soft ware from so long and its so easy to use and also keep daily care of my Pc . rest i found this article on microsoft community which you all must tread .

ro does not have potentially unwanted behaviors. Microsoft has released def inition 1.145.58.0 which no longer detects this program as malware. "

Reply to
kevinpottersa

Any program which re-installs itself after being uninstalled is malware. No legitimate program would be this difficult to remove.

Reply to
brento73

ive software which is always there to help . it is not a virus nor any malw are . it is a simple registry cleaner software . which gives and tells erro rs in your system which is required o clean . i am personally using this so ftware from so long and its so easy to use and also keep daily care of my P c . rest i found this article on microsoft community which you all must tre ad .

Pro does not have potentially unwanted behaviors. Microsoft has released d efinition 1.145.58.0 which no longer detects this program as malware. "

No legitimate program would be this difficult to remove.

I agree. I have been trying to uninstall this program and each time I try, Norton removes it as a Medium threat and labels it BAD! That stops me from uninstalling? If it was a safe program then why is it not allowing me to un install. My husband is computer illiterate and I have just uninstalled a bu nch of different programs, but can't get past Norton to uninstall this. Wou ld it be safe to shut down Norton to uninstall it?

Reply to
ellis1946

Thanks for the info it was really a pest i uninstalled it now .

Reply to
maccy700813

Reply to
cristiano.ca83

Don't be fooled - there is so much deception out there. OptimiserPro is BA D BAD BAD. Just ask your local computer service shop - they'll set you str aight if they know what they're talking about - which is what I did - it wi ll cost me $132 to have them remove it. This may be my last resort.

I have tried UNSUCCESSFULLY to remove this program from my computer numerou s times. It just won't allow you to like any normal program would. I've lo oked up numerous sites and there are many fakes posing as legitimate soluti ons to my problem but they are only decoys and bluffs.

There is a lot of misinformation on many sites, and it's hard to know which ones to trust. Darfun 8/8/2014 seems to be genuine. Will check it out.

But anyone who tells you that OptimiserPro is ok is deceiving you.

My computer shop told me it will take 16 hours with numerous cleaners to ge t rid of it.

Another bad one they mentioned was to do with a Federal Police one that blo cks your computer. I knew about that because it rendered an older computer of mine useless. They said they can restore that too. This may be my onl y option - costly as it is, it may be cheaper than trying to find something on the internet to solve my problems.

OptimiserPro poses as legitimate but it is not - it's an absolute nuisance. Every time I stsart my computer I have to close at least 10 pop-ups befor e I can proceed, and then they keep popping up about every 20 minutes while I'm using the computer, and every time I open a new program.

Hope this makes it clear for anyone out there who is confused or doubting.

Reply to
craigjdth

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.