Now that Sygate's gone, can anyone recommend a free firewall?

Loading thread data ...

are you sure they've stopped updating it? My experience over the past 2 years has been that the signatures have always been updated rather infrequently - sometimes every 2 months or so.

Louise

Reply to
louise

Do you have any Anti-Trojan type software installed? Many thousands of computers worldwide are compromised ,yours may be one. I recommend highly a Anti-Trojan program BOClean 420 from

formatting link
. Regardless of your firewall you should be using something like this one. I run it, it's not free but money spent is saved by using MS free Windows XP Firewall.

Reply to
Keith

I've had my AV catch several trojans (NOD32).

Do I still need BoClean or can I just use the MS Firewall?

TIA

Louise

Reply to
louise

I also use AVG7 antivirus. BOC only detects nasties as they attempt to run. It prevents Gibson leaktest from running and deletes it, plus host of zombies and keyloggers that antivirus doesnt see. I rate it 10/10.

Reply to
Anonymous

Same question here.

ZoneAlarm?

Used it some years ago. (don't know about updates, though)

Reply to
dd

I have had two Sygate signature updates since it was announced that Symantec had bought out Sygate. Hopefully, they will continue. Casey

Reply to
Casey Klc

Thanks - can you set BoClean to only run on demand? I try to keep my overhead very low due to speech recogntion software and Photoshop work.

Louise

Reply to
louise

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.