Norton to Etrust Firewall

I had recently uninstalled my Norton Works 2006 to replace it with eTrust EZ Armor and when it gets to the firewall portion of the installation I get a message stating that I have Norton SW 2006 still installed on my computer. I can't figure out where it is seeing any type of symantec or norton on my computer. I have looke though mulitple folders including Porgrams and the Windows folder, but to no avail. I also searched the registry to see if something in there was triggering it. I couldn't see anything that was for sure but I didn't want to mess with the registry so I Left it alone. Can anyone help me? Please reply?!

-Stephen- an exposed internet user

Reply to
kidwiz92
Loading thread data ...

I had recently uninstalled my Norton Works 2006 to replace it with eTrust EZ Armor and when it gets to the firewall portion of the installation I get a message stating that I have Norton SW 2006 still installed on my computer. I can't figure out where it is seeing any type of symantec or norton on my computer. I have looke though mulitple folders including Porgrams and the Windows folder, but to no avail. I also searched the registry to see if something in there was triggering it. I couldn't see anything that was for sure but I didn't want to mess with the registry so I Left it alone. Can anyone help me? Please reply?!

-Stephen- an exposed internet user

Reply to
Steve

Yes. Billions of moro^WSymantec customers are asking in the net, how to get rid of Symantec stuff.

Please ask Symantec support. Unfortunately, according to many other people perhaps you have to flatten and rebuild for completely removing this trash.

Please think about the fact, that a simple paket filter like the Windows-Firewall or configuring like Torsten is showing here:

formatting link
will do.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

"Steve" wrote in news:1139109733.763212.268050 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Steve, Read the website below.

formatting link
Bad wordwrap above. Use
formatting link
Programs that SymNRT can remove SymNRT removes these--and only these--Norton programs:

• Norton AntiVirus 2004/2005/2006 * Norton AntiVirus Professional 2004 * Norton AntiVirus 3, 5 and 10 User Pack 2004/2005/2006 * Norton GoBack 3.1/3.5/3.6/4.0/4.1 * Norton SystemWorks 2004 Professional Edition * Norton SystemWorks 2005/2006 Premier * Norton SystemWorks 2004/2005/2006 * Norton SystemWorks 2006 Basic Edition * Norton Password Manager 2004 * Norton Internet Security 2004/2005/2006 * Norton Internet Security 5 and 10 User Pack 2004/2005/2006 * Norton Internet Security 2005 AntiSpyware Edition 8.2 * Norton Personal Firewall 2004/2005/2006 * Norton AntiSpam 2004/2005 * Norton Ghost 2003/9.0/10.0

Do you have any Norton program that is not on this list? We recommend that you uninstall all Norton and Symantec programs.

Reply to
John Gray

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.