Norton Internet Security not blocking ads

I've got Norton Internet Security 2004 and am using the Ad Blocker and have been for about a year. I've noticed that in the last few months, more and more ads are slipping through and showing up. Most of the time I don't care, but some of the particularly annoying ones are things that try to load software onto my PC (but do allow me to refuse it) and ones that have a lot of movement going on in the ad.

I've got a few questions.

First of all, I've never been able to get the ad trashcan to work. How exactly do you use it. It says to drag and drop ads on to that window, but when I've tried that, nothing happens.

Second, I've noticed that on the "advanced" tab under the set up, I seem to have web sites listed that I don't know how they got there. Are these things that Norton adds in, or are some websites finding ways to allow their ads to show up by whitelisting themselves in my copy of Norton?

Is this just mostly a case that web programmers are getting smarter about dodging ad blocking software? I haven't changed my settings...

Reply to
mayniac
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.