Norton Internet Security 2004 Privacy gone mad

I have it set to alert me for private information being sent, included within which is my email address. Its worked fine, only arising a few times, over the last few months but now the stupid thing alerts me every time I send an email. In fact, it alerts me about 15 times per email, so I have to manually select 'permit' each time then OK. A real drag. Anyone know how to get it working properly again?

Reply to
ITMA
Loading thread data ...

From the main Norton screen (I have 2003, so I hope 2004 is similar) Click on Privacy Control, the Configure on the right. Click on Private Information Double-click the problem information UNCHECK the box for E-mail.

This assumes you are talking about an e-mail program like Outlook or similar. If you are using on-line e-mail, it may be complaining about a cookie being used to store your e-mail address. I don't know how to disable privacy checking on a per-site web address.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.