noob try to configure Firewall, please help

That would depend on the firewall OS that you are using.

Reply to
Robert
Loading thread data ...

PCI Express schrieb:

Either read the documentation that came with the device or pay a skilled person to configure it for you.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Kueter

is there is step by step firewall configuring guide for noob? I have a hardware firewall and it has the following option:-

A) Firewall -

1. Packet Filtering
  2. Bridge Filtering
  3. Intrusion Detection
  4. Block WAN Request
  5. URL Blocking

B) VPN/IPSec C) Virtual Server

D) Advanced

1. ADSL
  2. DNS
  3. Dynamic DNS
  4. NAT
  5. RIP
  6. SNMP Configuration
  7. Static Route

Which option should I use?

I am on Dynamic IP, what should I do? the firewall require me to input details manually, the PCs behind the firewall are typical home user kind

I try to ban icmp by using Packet Filtering to Drop all ICMP (both incoming & outgoing) from 0.0.0.0 to 0.0.0.0, it seems to work but after I rebooted the firewall, the rules that I put in place is gone

for testing, I try to ban all TCP by using Packet Filtering from 0.0.0.0 to

0.0.0.0, it doesn't seems to work, why?

One Important Request, please help me on this. How to specify IP Address and Port for the following:- Source IP - from - to - Source Port - from - to - Destination IP - from - to - Dest. Port - from - to -

sorry for being so nood, I just dunno where to start, please help..

Reply to
<PCI Express>

What you're asking can't be answered. You *really* need to read up a bit and understand how TCP/IP works as well as how your firewall works -- there's no way around it. If that's not an option, you should return the product and get something that isn't "designed for professionals". A badly configured firewall can be worse than nothing, as it can obstruct legitimate traffic while still allowing hackers in (and out).

Regards,

Reply to
Arthur Hagen

wrote in news:41d6249f$1 snipped-for-privacy@news.tm.net.my:

Well, I suggest that you get on the phone with Tech Support for the device and have them walk you through it a little bit if you can. They will do that for you on the basics.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

unfortunately, the ducumentation that came with the firewall is designed for professional, it is no help to me..

alright..

will some kind soul please help me on the following:-

How to specify IP Address and Port for the following:-

Source IP - from - to - Source Port - from - to - Destination IP - from - to - Dest. Port - from - to -

that's all I want to know

thanks

Reply to
<PCI Express>

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.