No internet connection

Hi,

I used Zonealarm as a firewall (with Windows XP), but as it uses many resources, I uninstalled it, downloaded Ashampoo 1.10 from their site and installed it.

But I have no connection anymore to the internet, when I start Internet Explorer I get the message that he cannot find the server. But I can make a connection with my notebook, so the server itself is OK. Something must have happened during the uninstall of Zonealarm, but what ?

Is there someone who knows more of it ?

Reply to
Ivo
Loading thread data ...

,that is the cause of the problem.So firstly id uninstall that. When you uninstalled ZA,did you shutdown ZA before uninstalling or was it still running?.Either way its best to reinstall it ,then once its reinstalled ,right click on the system tray icon and select shutdown zonealarm.Say ok to the security check.Then uninstall.Try your connection again and then install ashampoo if its ok me

Reply to
bassbag

"bassbag" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@news.ispserve.co.uk... | In article , | snipped-for-privacy@XXX.INVALID.XXX says... | > Hi, | >

| > I used Zonealarm as a firewall (with Windows XP), but as it uses many | > resources, I uninstalled it, downloaded Ashampoo 1.10 from their site and | > installed it. | >

| > But I have no connection anymore to the internet, when I start Internet | > Explorer I get the message that he cannot find the server. But I can make a | > connection with my notebook, so the server itself is OK. | > Something must have happened during the uninstall of Zonealarm, but what ? | >

| > Is there someone who knows more of it ? | >

| >

| >

| > I havent any experience of ashampoo firewall so dont know whther its that ,that is the cause of the problem.So firstly id uninstall that. | When you uninstalled ZA,did you shutdown ZA before uninstalling or was | it still running?.Either way its best to reinstall it ,then once its | reinstalled ,right click on the system tray icon and select shutdown | zonealarm.Say ok to the security check.Then uninstall.Try your connection | again and then install ashampoo if its ok | me |

Thanks for your answer, but thats exactly what I did before. I started with a download of Ashampoo to a Temp map, shut down Zonealarm with a reboot afterwards, then I installed Ashampoo. But I didn't try the internet connection after the uninstall of Zonealarm. I already tried to repair the connection with Winsockfix.exe, but no change.

Any suggestions ?

Ivo

Reply to
Ivo

Did you try resetting the TCP IP Stack? Look it up use Google.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

You should not use Internet Exploder, but some alternative like Firefox. You should not use a "Personal Firewall", instead use the Windows-Firewall.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Uninstall ashampoo.Delete the program folder.Use a decent registry cleaner.Reinstall ZA.Do you have a connection now? me

Reply to
bassbag

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.