newsreader getting through personal firewall unnoticed

I've seen very little mention of this on Usenet or anywhere else, but my news client (Gravity) is getting through my personal firewall (Zone Alarm) without even being noticed. I've seen a mention of this problem on Usenet as early as 2001. Does anyone know why this is?

ZA notices it in its program control monitor, where it has those squares indicating which programs are accessing the net. However, it doesn't pick it up even when I delete it from the program control screen, or when I choose to have it ask permission, or when I actually blocked it in the program control. I've tried other newsreaders and they are picked up just fine.

ZA is a top rated personal firewall from my investigation, but I'm not so sure now. I think it even said that this type of thing was impossible at one time in its history (although that could have been another firewall company.)

I have the latest version of both ZA (free) and Gravity.

Thanks.

Reply to
George Orwell
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.