Newbie firewall control panel question

My small office uses a Nexland ISB Pro 100 firewall. Occasionally, the Intenet connection gets dreadfully slow, so we have learned to turn off the firewall (and Alcatel modem) and turn it back on. Then everything is back to normal.

I just discovered, however, that there may be a way to see an online control panel for this firewall device. But I have no idea how to do this. I suspect it is through a web interface (the same way as I can see my printer on the network to check toner status, etc.). But I don't know what the IP address for the firewall is.

What do I do next?

Reply to
ThumperStrauss
Loading thread data ...

Dare I suggest RTFM? It will show you the default IP-address which may (or may not) still be relevant

The firwall is very probably the the gateway address used by your workstation to access other networks.

ipconfig (or equivalent) will show you this address.

point your favourite browser at it.

if there is a web interface it will probably be protected by some form of user authentication. at this point you definitely need the manual to tell you the default username/password - which incidentally should not be left at their default values - you would be well advised to alter them as soon as you log in.

Reply to
William Tasso

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.