New machine in DMZ not responding

Hi

I have a SonicWall Pro300 with a web server in the DMZ. I have just added a second machine to the DMZ and the two can ping each other but the new machine can not ping the firewall itself (where the first one can). Is there something I need to set up to have the second machine work? The subnet mask is 255.255.255.240 for our WAN netblock and I've set the gateway address of the new machine to the public address of the sonicwall the same as the existing machine - it 'should' all just work but somethings stopping it. Any ideas?

Cameron

Reply to
rotas.dw
Loading thread data ...

Am Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:12:36 -0700 schrieb rotas.dw:

replace sonicwall.

cheers

Reply to
Burkhard Ott

Thank you for your ever so well thought out and well reasoned response. Does anybody else have anything sensible to add to the discussion?

Reply to
rotas.dw

Sonicwall sorta blows?

They charge a significant sum for updates and support don't they? If so... have you asked them? As you probably have seen in the archives you searched before posting, they're not really the hot firewall these days.

Usenet... you get what you pay for. With the right attitude, sometimes more. But don't count on it. :-)

Best Regards,

Reply to
Todd H.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.