Network Architect Salary

I have been recently been verbally offered a job as the Lead Network Architect at a large 8 Billion dollar financial company in Ohio. Salary has not been discussed yet. I need to know what type of Salary should I expect from this position.

I will be reporting to the Director of IT and I am responsible for the LAN/WAN across the US, Mexico, Canada and Europe and It cosist of

17,000 users. I also am certified as a Network plus, CCDP and CCSP.

I have 10 years of direct Cisco Experience working for an ISP. I also have a Masters in Business Administration from a medium sized school in Illinois. I will not have any direct reports but will be responsible for leading and planning all enterprise related projects and creating all network related policies, and leading all Network managers and Sr.network Engineers in managing the network.

What type of salary should I demand/expect for this position. Please help. Should I demand 6 figures or less?

Thanks in advanced for any responses

Reply to
atleugene
Loading thread data ...

I'm in Ohio, and we do a lot of what you will be required to do, as an outsource company for businesses, and I would guess that you should be earning around $160k/year + benefits, but without a resume and knowing the structure of the company and the requirements for your after hours time, it would be hard to say.

Reply to
Leythos

If the company is as big as you say, you won't need to know. Most big companies have guidelines for salary offers. And I'm not talking about a set salary per job. The manager of the area can override the HR guidelines in most cases anyway, but only within reason. It's all about market analysis in your area.

What are the guidelines? Well, the company I retired from (as an IT System Engineering manager and line manager of 85 System Engineers) would default toward offering approximately 10 percent more than your current salary, wherever you are working now, or where you last held a similar position. And they *do* check. Usually by requiring a past pay stub. Yes, the manager of the area has the authority to offer more, or less, than HR likes. A lot depends on *making* (heh heh) you fit into the pay structure along with what will be your peers in the organization. A drastically different salary from your peers invites the kind of trouble that most big companies don't like. And managers don't like either.

If you are working now, in a similar capacity, but possibly not with this level of responsibility, just figure a good raise and call it good. (i.e.

10-20 percent - also compensate for any location cost of living differences) Good luck.

Obviously there is much more to whether you would like this job than salary alone. I'm only talking about what is *customary* in large companies with HR departments concerning the dollar offer.

Just food for thought.

-Frank

Reply to
Frankster

I think you're off (high) by quite a bit.

Reply to
optikl

He said Ohio - not Manhattan

Leythos - you should definitely be in the 6-figures - I don't know the Ohio market but in Dallas/Ft Worth at a large bank (a Citibank, JP Morgan, Chase, etc) that's a 110k+ gig easily.

Reply to
AMR

I could be, but, based on what he said, his responsibilities, he could easily get that many places in the Ohio region, as it appears he would be one level below the CIO for a LARGE company.

If he was not on the level, then I would expect about $85k/year + benefits.

Reply to
Leythos

Minimum 3 figures. Why, because if they want an experienced person to insure that systems are functioning as best as possible and where every second of downtime results in losses then why should you not expect a 3 figure salary?

Reply to
jdobb2001

$100 per year?

Notan

Reply to
Notan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.