Netscreen user limits?

I am working on a proposal for a realestate company. They have one large office with 20 users, and two smaller offices with 10 or fewer users. Because they are real estate agents, they are in and out of the office all the time.

I want to network the three locations with Netscreen 5GT appliances and a VPN tunnel. Remote users will also connect directly to the Small Business

2003 server (a PPTP endpoint) using PPTP so thay can collect their e-mail and browse their files. This means the Netscreens will have to pass PPTP VPN as well as have a IPsec tunnel from Netscreen to Netscreen.

Can I use the 10-user model Netscreen in all cases? The Netscreen counts IP addresses, but I will not have 20 VPN tunnels created.

Reply to
r042wal
Loading thread data ...

You definitely will have issues with the 20 user site if you put a

10-User 5GT device there, only 10 concurrent connections will be allowed through it.

r042wal wrote:

Reply to
VeeDub

Yes, you need the extended license.

Is this a new proposal? Why aren't you proposing the SSG5 which replaces the 5GT? The 5GT will soon be limited by memory as ScreenOS is upgraded. If the numbers worked I'd use the SSG5 for the VPNs (10-user) and the SSL VPN (IVE) for remote access (you'll need to consider the client side costs for the VPN with 5GT/SSG5.)

alan

Reply to
Alan Strassberg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.