Netscreen High Availability & IP Tracking problem.

I have two Netscreen 100s with ScreenOS 2.6 setup in a HA failover configuration. The problem I'm having is that when I sync the two units, the slave box gets an exact copy of the masters configuration and then shuts down all duplicate IP addresses, including the external untrusted port. This means that the slave cant ping anything, and thus will allways generate failures when I set it up to track an IP.

Do I need to give the salve box a unique public IP via a serial reconfiguration of the masters setup? If so, why isn't this talked about in any of the documentation?

Reply to
jfizer
Loading thread data ...

ScreenOS 2.6 is more than outdated.

Cheers, Jens

Reply to
Jens Hoffmann

Typical, people like to spend money for a shiny device (in this case even for two of them) but do not like to buy a service contract to get software updates for their shiny box(es).

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Kueter

ScreenOS 2.6 has no known security problems and has all the features I need. I dont see why I should spend thousands of dollars upgrading.

But thanks for not answering my question or even making an attempt to help.

Reply to
jfizer

Hi,

snipped-for-privacy@klassy.com schrieb:

formatting link
_no_ known is defined a bit differently. It may be so, that you are not affected.

So that there is anyone besides historians who can help you.

2.6 was current when I started using netscreens, hmm, 5 years ago? Last time I check, it was something like 5.x. There is not much similarity left.

I did, you just didn't get the answer you wanted to hear.

Cheers, Jens

Reply to
Jens Hoffmann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.