NetASQ Auth Cookies not found

Dear all, we are using a NetASQ appiance as firewall in our company. We have configured the firewall to authenticate the users before surf on the Internet and gain priviledges to access any other services (AOL, FTP,...).

Even if on the guide is described that a cookie is written on the client browser and checked every time the browser starts (cookie, session mode), I can't see any cookie in the browser, after the authentication.

Same problem somewhere? Is there any misconfiguration, or only some browsers are compatible with this mechanism ?

Thanks, Emilio

Reply to
e.tonelli
Loading thread data ...

Hello Emilio,

NetASQ authentication is based on IP address, so, if your users authenticate on the Firewall with an address like 192.168.1.20, this address will be authenticate for 1, 2 or 4 hours for example.

I don't think that NetASQ firewall authenticate with a cookie, but...Maybe i'm not up 2 date on this technology.

Regards,

Julien

Reply to
Julien Billochon

The IP-based authentication and authorization system is as you described, but is not enought. So NetASQ has introduced the cookie mechanism to prevent "authentication theft" between users. I'm waiting for a tech contact conference with NetASQ Expert at the moment.

Reply to
e.tonelli

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.