My Norton Firewall Can't Update Intrusion Signatures

I just installed Norton Firewall 2006 and NAV 2006 under Win XP Pro, but the Live Update is haveing a problem downloading updates for the intrusion detection signatures. All other downloads under Live Update work fine, but Intrustion Detection Signatures is always marked with a red 'X,' meaning that it's not working properly. Needless to say, it never indicates the availability of any new downloads, nor tries to install them.

Does anybody know what's wrong and how to fix it?

Reply to
John Schutkeker
Loading thread data ...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Sincere condolences.

I underlined, what's going wrong. BTW: this is not Symantec support here.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Probably adware/spyware has subverted your update routines. Sad that it's even possible, but it is.

Download several adware/spyware cleaners and run them all in safe mode, then try your updates again.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

No, please don't do this. Instead, better read this:

formatting link
Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Volker Birk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.uni-ulm.de:

Selling FUD. What won't they think of next?

Reply to
John Schutkeker

M-hm. And you have some rather striking arguments to support that opinion of yours, I suppose?

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Yeah, I fixed my machine. The barometer I use as to whether it is infected is whether the ISP times out properly when I'm away from the desk. If that happens, I know that something sneaky isn't holding the door open and stealing spare cycles while I'm not around.

"I am inWINcible," Goldeneye.

Reply to
John Schutkeker

What makes you believe you found everything?

Meaning you would for example miss out on everything that just transmits data when there already is network activity. IOW you simply failed to understand what the article is all about. I thought so.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Selling FUD. What won't they think of next. *plonk*

Reply to
John Schutkeker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.