Montoring and reporting for firewalls at a low co$t

Hello all,

I am looking for a tool to monitor and (or) report a Cisco 3725 with Firewall IOS and IDS capability. I don't need to spend thou$and$ on a Cisco IDS application suire (VMS, CWSI, etc.) as I am only working on 4 sites total.

What freeware, shareware, commercial application is out there that you can recommend that I can use that can have director or syslog messages sent to an application on a Windows server or workstation and can create reports on "hack" attempts for board meetings, etc.?

Thanks!

Greg

Reply to
Greg Shepherd
Loading thread data ...

"Greg Shepherd" wrote in news:obJJc.13424$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews4.bellsouth.net:

Kiwi Syslog Daemon and it has ODBC functionality built in that you can dump the logs into a SQL Server Table and use an application like Crystal Reports or other tools like Excel, Access etc. etc. The free version of Syslog Daemon doesn't come with the ODBC functionality (you can do everything but activate it) only a licensed version single user $99 and up. You can even make your custom logs too.

formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.