Modem-router forward problem.

I have recently got a subscription to wireless (as in cellular) adsl internet connection. My ISP () provided me with a modem- router from Axesstel, the AXW-D800. I have been using it with DHCP and NAT enabled and so far the internet connection is up and running on my dual boot WIN XP Pro / Ubuntu 7.10 machine.

The problem is that whenever I try to use any of the bittorrent clients I keep getting NAT problem messages and they complain about the required TCP and UDP ports being closed. I have found and followed info on the net with no succes. One of the more illustrative sites on this topic is . It even has very detailed instructions with the actual images from my modem-router web admin utility at regarding of portforwarding using the bittorrent client Azureus as an example.

I have taken these instructions by the letter and I have had no succes at all. I hope anyone could spare some help on this very annoying issue.

On other related matter I have also bought a wirelles router (it will arrive soon) to share my connection in my house with a couple of laptops. It is a D-Link DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router. I would like to know if it is possible to omit the DHCP and NAT options on my modem- router and let the wirelles one implement these. I was thinking on bypassing the IP assigned from my ISP to the modem-router and "put" it to the wireless router so it implements the DHCP and NAT. I want to do this because I think that the modem-router is failling in the portforwarding issue so I would like to try this option with the router. Does this make sense at all?

Thanks in advance for your time and help,

Regards,

*Carlos Marcano*

-Guri, Venezuela-

Reply to
Carlos Marcano
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.