McAfee Desktop Firewall - Trusted list and Syn Flood

Hi all,

I have a Windows 2000 machine for test purposes, on which I use McAfee Desktop Firewall 8.0.

I connect to this machine from a XP machine. The XP machine's IP address is in the "trusted" list of the McAfee Firewall, still I always get "Syn Flood" popups which lock down programs on the XP machine that try to connect via network.

Is there any way to disable SYN Flood detection for the trusted addresses?

Thanks!

Robert

Reply to
asperamanca
Loading thread data ...

Sorry I can't answer your question. I'm a new McAfee user and wondering your opinion of this firewall. I'm thinking it is rather bloated. There are numerous McAfee ditties running. (i.e. Agent, HackerWatch, User manager). I only have the firewall installed. Thanks.

Reply to
Ed Mc

I am assuming that you are using version 8.0 of the corporate edition. To disable Syn-flood double click on the icon in your task tray. Then got to "edit" in the menu list and choose 'options' from the drop down. In the window that pops up click on the 'Signatures' tab. There should be a signature there for "SYN flood". Just uncheck the box next to it and this hsould disable it.

The second post in this list reads like it is in relation to the retail version and I have no idea about it. I have never used it.

Reply to
ITguy

Thanks for your answer. Your assumption is correct: Version 8.0 However, we are also using the EPO agent, therefore disabling Syn Flood detection is not possible in my firewall, without removing the computer from EPO policies first.

In response to the other Ed's posting, I'm not a big fan of this product, but that's what our company has for the (few) pre-XP machines.

Robert

Reply to
asperamanca

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.