macafee update incompatability

I got today's macafee update to the internet security software and now the firewall always starts up on boot as deactivated. I contacted macafee and was told the following:

QUOTE: Macafee: to fix this issue, you need to uninstall the third party software Trend Micro RUBotted, SUPERAntiSpyware Professional and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the computer as they are incompatible with McAfee Macafee: After un-installation, please reboot the computer for the changes to take effect. Macafee: Then please update the McAfee SecurityCenter Macafee: This will fix the issue Customer: they were compatible for the last 12 months? Macafee; I am sorry, we cannot expect McAfee to work properly with these third party software's. Even though they will work with McAfee products for a long time without creating any issues, at some point of time we will experience problems with them. Under a detailed Investigation done by our team we found that most of the cases like this we are experiencing are due to these third Party software's. END QUOTE

Does anyone know if this is true, or just an easy way out for macafee? If they are incompatible, are there alternatives I can use? thanks

Reply to
Juan Kerr
Loading thread data ...

Your best alternative: McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool 2.0.155.1 "...Will remove all 2005, 2006, and 2007 versions of McAfee consumer products."

formatting link

Reply to
Kayman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.