Lost in space - Searching for a switch/router who does supports vlan and port-filter

Hi folks, hopefully i am in the right group. Currently i try to find a network switch/router/firewall to solve the following problem.

Some servers with official ip number shall be hosted by a provider. These server are configured with vlan tags. Since only certain IP ports are allowed to access the server a port filter is needed.

That means that the device should support: - at least 1 Wan Port 100/Mbit - at least 4 Ports for the local network - vlan Support - tpc/ip Port Filter

Does anybody know a device which does support these requirements ? tia Hajo

Reply to
HajoEhlers
Loading thread data ...

You could probably use OpenWRT, DD-WRT, or one of their many spin-off projects to accomplish this on the cheap. It used to be that most WAN ports on consumer gear were only 10Mb but that's most likely changed. I do know, however, that with the OpenWRT firmware you can designate any port on the unit to be the WAN port.

-Gary

Reply to
Gary

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.