Losing part of the Internet-connection, from time to time.

I have expired some odd problem during the last 5 days. During daytime, I can use my Internet-connection just fine (everything works (www, ftp, mail, ssh etc) and has normal speed). But then the evening comes (somewhere around 7pm the www just stop and stying away for a couple of hoers, but just the wild wild web the other (ftp, mail news, ssh etc) work fine (well fine,, it is slow but still useful).

What I have tried is to restart the modem and the router. I have tried to connect directly to the modem. I have tried names instead of IP-numbers for my DNS. No luck, any ideas of what it can be? Can it be that my ISP get owerloaded between 7pm and 10pm? /Anders

Reply to
anders
Loading thread data ...

Almost certainly, particularly if it's a domestic (home user) ISP.

And the relevance to comp.security.firewalls is...? Chris

Reply to
Chris Davies

The NG should be happy it's getting any traffic. :)

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

Den Mon, 11 Aug 2008 21:20:25 -0400 skrev Mr. Arnold:

;-)

Reply to
anders

anders wrote in news:g7ro9v$rsa$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net:

Have you tried emailing support? At least you don't have to sit on hold "for the next avaialable representative" for an hour.

Brian

Reply to
Skywise

Den Tue, 12 Aug 2008 22:43:17 +0000 skrev Skywise:

Yes, I have tried to send mail to them. But, I think they just send them strait to /dev/null :-(

I did after all get in contact with the support during the day, yesterday (I only had to wait for about 40 minutes), they said that it was a known problem in my area. So who knows, it may be that it will be resolved after all.

Just wondering what triggering this phenomena. Some vagrant who hijacks the line after 'work', or ..? :-)

/Anders

Reply to
anders

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.