Lose network shares after installing Checkpoint SecurClient

Dear all, I hope that somebody ou there can help.

I have a small home network. Two desktops, one laptop. All Windows XP SP2 connected to D-Link DI-604+ ADSL router.

All PC's use DHCP to obtain addresses from router, which obtains it's external IP from ISP.

Locally assigned addreses are in the range of 192.168.0.x with a subnet of 255.255.255.0.

All PC's can connect to net, file share across net etc. etc.

Before installing Checkpoint on one laptop and one desktop (work computers), I was able to map drives, share files, etc across all three PC's.

After installing Checkpoint I lose all mapped drives and file share facilities etc. I can ping out from both machines with Checkpoint and receive replies but cannot ping either of the two machines with Checkpoint installed from the machine without.

When installed Checkpoint funtions fine for it's purpose of allowing me to connect to work, but has now limited me from carrying out my work at home.

Can anybody please help?

Reply to
barry.king
Loading thread data ...

In message , snipped-for-privacy@draegersafetyuk.com writes

You may need the help of your security admins with that.

It may be that the profile they give you is routing the traffic for

192.168.0.0/24 to your work network, where it may be going to other (the wrong) machines, or it may be going nowhere.

You could trying looking at your Checkpoint logs to se what you can work out, right click on the key icon in your tray, choose settings and then the Advanced tab. Tick enable logging. For the moment I forget just how you find & read the logs but perhaps you can work that out?

Regards

Reply to
Dave English

you need to open ports 139,445 for tcp+udp on your subnet

see your manual on how to add new rules

Reply to
Jeff B

This is probably per design. If this is VPN software, many VPN clients sever all local connections when the VPN is active. If the VPN software was provided by your company, this is probably non-negotiable (security). If you purchased this product retail, perhaps you can modify this behavior.

-Frank

Reply to
Frankster

SecuRemote or SecureClient? SecureClient has a built-in firewall and the rules are set remotely by your company's firewall admins. In addition it has a special mode called "Hub Mode" that will cause exactly what you're seeing.

I in fact implemented hub mode for our company precisely because we do not want them accessing other computers while VPNed in.

Are you seeing this behavior only while VPNed in or all the time?

Ray

Reply to
¦

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.