Looking for feedback on new Internet Security Presentations

Hello folks,

Finding myself often in the position to explain security concepts to friends and family, I tried to find a way to create easy to understand presentations on the topic.

So I made online security presentations with Google Docs showing everything from how to secure a home system, to multi-factor authentication, encryption, social engineering, and advanced topics like XSS, IDS and SSL Certificate Hijacking.

Check it out, any feedback is appreciated!

Reply to
elfguy
Loading thread data ...

URL is:

formatting link

Reply to
elfguy

The first step to good internet security is to keep your system patched. Not providing any services you don't want to be accessible from the outside is only the second step, and a shielding them with a firewall is only the second best solution compared to not running them in the first place.

Another important step is to use a normal user account for your day to day work instead of an account with admin privileges, so that even if your account is compromised, it won't affect the system or other users.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.