latest screenos 5.4 please

Dear all,

can somebody get the latest netscreen/juniper screenOS (5gt) for me ? Like 5.3r7 or 5.4r3

Highly appreciated, thanks a lot! Regards, Samuel

Reply to
Samuel b
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
you post

Hi,

you post schrieb:

formatting link
$SM$orJBLQzmPoF2BzrlXbLqE8ZQT3RNi40b%2fMh7ytPEU%2bw%3d&TARGET=$SM$https%3a%2f%2fwww%2ejuniper%2enet%2fcustomers%2fcsc%2fsoftware%2f Cheers, Jens

Reply to
Jens Hoffmann

Thanks, but it does NOT work.... It requires a user/pass, allowes to download ONLY the subscribed versions.

If we ask here, this means that juniper site is useless for us. They do not give away their soft. Do you have HTTP/FTP/emule/torrent link?

formatting link
$SM$orJBLQzmPoF2BzrlXbLqE8ZQT3RNi40b%2fMh7ytPEU%2bw%3d&TARGET=$SM$https%3a%2f%2fwww%2ejuniper%2enet%2fcustomers%2fcsc%2fsoftware%2f>

Reply to
you post

This is not a warez group. If it's for training purposes I can sympathize (and advice you to try asking a reseller politely).

- Eirik

Reply to
Eirik Seim

Hi,

you post schrieb:

Exactly as intended.

In short: So you are useless to the society and a thief?

In length: If there is a legitimate reason you will have no problem getting anthing from a distributor or netscreen directly. Ask them.

If you had the money to buy a not very cheap appliance, and now lack the money to maintain it, then your management did a serious mistake (assuming that you use it in a company context, I do not know many private persons running this kind of gear).

Cheers, Jens

Reply to
Jens Hoffmann

Thank you very much for your kind words....

I asked. They want more money. Twice as much for the same service.

Yes, I already spent much personal money to buy it from another user, and use it at my private home. And that should be the only expense for a private user.

Imagine: You buy a used car (jahreswagen), which is pretty new and is still on manufacturer's warranty (has an ACTIVE service at netscreen). But then they cancel the warranty, and you are denied the service as a second-hand buyer, until you pay to renew this warranty (service) again. This is exactly the case with them. Next step could be asking for more money, if you change the hostname, for example, why not? Just invent new EULA terms for charging the taxes for every breath you take...

Reply to
you post

Hi,

Tough luck.

So talk to the person you have a contract with.

Why? You want to have a service contract, but you do not want to pay it, or forgot to transfer it from the first user.

A warranty can be as the manufacturer wants it to be. (Do not know your countr of origin, but somehow I think you know the difference between "Gewaehrleistung" and "Garantie".

Misunderstanding. The rules were not changed. The seller of the product just didn't tell you.

You have no contract with them yet.

They take extra money if you did too many password recoveries. (IIRC).

Cheers, Jens

Reply to
Jens Hoffmann

I do not have a contract. And you cannot find these devices in shops. Leading firewall manufacturers just don't sell the firewalls to private customers, they prefer buisnesses.... It was sold "as is", but with active subscription. And he is just a reseller, and cannot (or does not want to) contact previous owner...

I tried to transfer, but by default they ask to buy it again.... Or should I try again?

Oh, yes, they are always masters, and we are always slaves and beggars.... I dont need a warranty. I only want to be able to download updates until the active contract finishes. That's it.

No, I dont really need a contract, only access to firmware updates. Definition updates already run automatically, this is OK for me. But if they will transfer the active contract to me, I would be happy.

Thanks God, the device is clean and in good condition.

Reply to
you post

Hi,

you post schrieb:

So you didn't buy the firewall? That is a contract.

Hmm.

I understand what you want, but it is not your contract.

Cheers, Jens

Reply to
Jens Hoffmann

Yes, they do sell them to individuals and if you don't have a contract then it was not properly sold to you.

A new support contract is what you need, like it or not, without a support contract you don't get anything.

Most vendors require a new support contract, it will not transfer to the new owner.

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.