Is Comodo firewall really good in comparison to other firewalls (e.g. ZoneAlarm)?

During the last few weeks I heard a couple of times from the (freeware) firewall Comodo downloadable at

formatting link

At a first glance this fw looks good from the GUI and it passes all leak test successfully.

Does someone know some dis-advantages of Comodo in comparison to other firewalls e.g.like ZoneAlarm ?

Pete

Reply to
pete sinner
Loading thread data ...

No known problems so far, looks a good alternative to ZoneAlarm.

Reply to
Factor 13

successfully.

It does not. Please read the threads here about Commodo.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

test successfully.

The majority (all?) of the negative comments are from the personal-firewalls-don't work crowd. Take those comments for what they're worth.

It has its limitations, as I'm sure all software firewalls do.

Personally, from an operational standpoint, it appears to have a much smaller footprint the the ever-growing ZoneAlarm..

Notan

Reply to
Notan

test successfully.

It does seem to have a following and is gaining converts from the ZA crowd. To me it still seems a little buggy and is probably overly complex. Also, there is no way to edit a rule on the fly, which really puts me off. But it is probably a pretty decent leak test stopper if that's what you seek.

Reply to
Kerodo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.