IPcop: problem with upstream proxy authentication

Hello! I am running ipcop 1.4.13 and I have enabled the web proxy on the green interface. I have configured an Upstream Proxy (ISA server) which requires authentication (so I've put username and password in the Upstream Username and Upstream Password fields). I have configured the proxy settings in the browser on a machine on the green network, to point to the proxy service of ipcop.

When I try to access the Internet from that machine, the ipcop proxy is contacted, the request is then passed to the upstream proxy, but I get an error: Error Code: 407 Proxy Authentication Required. The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy filter is denied. (12209)

It seems to me that the authentication credentials are not passed to the upstream proxy... Is there something wrong in my configuration? Is there any compatibility issue in order to use ISA server as an upstream proxy for Squid 2.5stable14? Any help or suggestion would be greatly apreciated! Thanks a lot! Filippo

Reply to
filippo.capocasale
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.