IPCOP and 3Com Secure Gateway

I am trying to replace a 3Com Secure Gateway at the main office with an IPCOP 1.4.10 box. all of the vpn end points at the remote offices are

3c857-us 3com secure gateways. I have tryed several vpn configurations on both boxes with no luck. Has anyone else hammered through this one yet?
Reply to
cpaetz
Loading thread data ...

Different question? Did you do the install of ipcop? I'm tryibg to set it up but can't get pass making a bootable floppy... I read/downloaded but still can't get it to boot off the floppy.

Thanks

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
gene martinez
  • gene martinez :

Gene please don't hijack other peoples threads and this is going to sound cruel (I blame last nights beer and this mornings lack of coffee) but you still can't get a boot floppy to work and IPCop to install? I suggest one of several things then: find a local linux geek and pay them to do it, 2: go to your local computer store and buy one of those router/firewalls they sell. Because if you can't make a boot floppy running a secure linux firewall is out of the question.

Jason

Reply to
Jason

I have never tryed to set up any 3com gateway's, but a thought that comes to my mind is the question if you are using a cross over cable, it may be needed between the Ip-Cop and the gateway's. I have a D-link 604 between my PC's and the Ip-Cop, the conections between the gateway and the PC's is supported by non-cross over cable's but between the router and the Ip-Cop I finded it necessary to use the cross over cable to make it work, just as it is necessary between 2 PC's. /Anders

Reply to
Anders

Thanks, Got it to work, to find out that the old pc's cd drive is bad...

Reply to
gene martinez

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.