IP Forwarding, WinXP question

I've seen various forms of this question floating around but I have a burning question:

My job has a Checkpoint firewall. Some users are able to connect to our firewall via Secure Client. I think the few months I've been here I've only had 2 of these calls regarding IP Forwarding.

(I'm still studying for my MCP XP cert so pardon me if i sound like a rookie)

I know by default WinXP has it disabled. I walked the user through the command prompt, registry settings and services to check his configurations. Command prompt showed it was enabled, the registry value data was set to 0 and all his services settings were what they should've been.

He was able to connect via Secure Client to our Firewall somehow...even though he still got a pop up that IP forwarding was enabled.

And we don't have access to Secure Client for us to test ourselves so I'm assisting these customers in the dark.

My question is, to the inexperienced user, how in the world does this become enabled if they didnt manually do it themselves? Is it something their ISP does or some setting to their firewall at home or router?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Diorkiss25
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.