internal firewall for Data-center

Hello...I am working on a project to allocate some protection to segregate the Data-center A from the rest of user community. and there are some requirements:

1) this data-center A do not have internet connection directly, but it can access the internet via another data-center B. 2) each server in data-center A will be access from the user community only specific ports/protocols open. 3) each server in data-center A will be fully open to data-center B. 4) ideally, the IP address of each server in data-center A will not be changed after put this internal firewall. 5) the servers are Windows 2003 for file server, printer server, exchange server, SQL server, Web server and the regional domain controller (DC). 6) the main DC and Exchange are located in data-center B. 7) the data-center are split into 2 networks, one for production, the other is QA. 8) we have no direct controll on data-center B.

My questions is that: what kind of Cisco product can achieve this request?

Thanks, fshguo.

Reply to
yvette.ye
Loading thread data ...

Why would you confine yourself to Cisco solutions? If your talking security, I know that Cisco is by far not the first name you should look at. Checkpoint or Juniper are FAR better products in my own opinion. Cisco makes great mid-level routers and switches, but they are relatively new to the enterprise firewall environment.

Reply to
CosmicV

Cisco ASA - adaptive security appliance

formatting link
You could just get a PIX firewall but the ASA gives you the option of IPS, VPN and more.

I agree with CosmicV on Cisco's status as a firewall provider, and unless you are a VERY Cisco-centric organization, I'd suggest broadening your search. My recommendation would be one the Secure Computing Sidewinder appliances

formatting link

Reply to
Sharky

Mid-level?

Anyway, I'm guessing speed will be a consideration in your decision, I would look at the Cisco Catalyst 6500 with the Firewall Services Module (FWSM).

Reply to
wayne

Am Tue, 02 Oct 2007 07:04:19 -0400 schrieb wayne:

netscreen and you can sleep better

Reply to
Burkhard Ott

Yes, mid-level. The Juniper high end routers kick off on Cisco all day long. Most of the internet backbone is in fact Juniper. Google swapped out a good chunk of their Cisco network for Juniper. That said, I wouldnt use Juniper for a mid-sized enterprise as I think Cisco's gear is better in that area. I look towards best of breed for a solution instead of playing fanboy favorites.

Reply to
CosmicV

O Its better you have Netscreen Firewall. You can have choose according to your data flow

formatting link
Netscreen will provide you firewall and routing services bot h in better prospective which fulfills your requirement. Virtual Router is one of the feature you can use for segregating traffic between different areas/networks.

Reply to
CK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.