Inbound Passive FTP using IPNAT

Hi,

I an FTP server behind a IPF / IPNAT firewall. I'm trying to get inbound passive FTP to work. (Outbound is no problem).

To keep things simple I've opened up IPF completely to start with:

ipf.conf pass in from any to any flags S keep state keep frags pass out from any to any keep state

And then for IPNAT I have the following rules: map ex0 10.1.1.0/24 -> $EXT_IP/32 proxy port ftp ftp/tcp map ex0 10.1.1.0/24 -> $EXT_IP/32 portmap tcp/udp 1023:60000 map ex0 10.1.1.0/24 -> $EXT_IP/32

rdr ex0 $EXT_IP/32 port 20 -> 10.1.1.10 port 20 tcp #FTP rdr ex0 $EXT_IP/32 port 21 -> 10.1.1.10 port 21 tcp #FTP

Unfortunately, this only allows for active FTP.

I can get it to work by adding the following rule, right after the map rules: bimap ex0 10.1.1.10/32 -> $EXT_IP/32

Unfortunately, this will take all ports of the external machine. And I do have to redirect some other ports to other machines. (E.g. the HTTP server is at anonther machine), so this is not working for me.

Any suggestions are greatly appriciated.

Louis

Reply to
Louis Wevers
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.