Images disappearing from webpages

I have Zone Alarm Security Suite.

I have built a webpage

formatting link
which contains two small JPEG images.

With ZASS enabled these images disappear from the downloaded webpage and are not displayed in the browser (IE6, Opera). When selecting View > Source (in IE6) the images appear to have been removed from the HTML.

Turning off ZASS allows the pictures to be displayed and they are visible in the HTML via View > Source.

(It also blocks the Baby Ticker image at the top of the page.)

I have made btinternet.com a "trusted site" within ZASS but that hasn't fixed it.. I have web-filtering turned off.

So this looks like a ZASS issue but I am stumped as to how to fix it.

All help appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

Reply to
<pedallingminstrel
Loading thread data ...

Yes, that's the way you have configured ZASS. You enabled privacy protection which is supposed to prevent all kinds of tracking of your web browsing by imbedding small pictures in a web site. Usually those "pictures" are only 1x1 size but I suppose there are bigger ones, too. Your ZASS thinks these pictures are probably some of those and protects your privacy by blocking them...

Read the ZA manual about when it blocks images from web sites and how to configure it in a way that it works nicely.

Please, please, please undo that as quickly as possible. You probably opened your computer to _anyone_ in the domain btinternet.com which is probably your ISP. If you haven't updated your computer with all the newest updates you are very likely to get infected by a worm or virus within hours. Do not just reconfigure something that you don't fully understand and do not just turn it off either. Read the manual about what "trusted site" are and what other functions it has and how they work and what happens when some function does its work. A trusted site generally for PFWs allows any traffic from and to this "trusted site". Really anything, including traffic to your file shares if you have some or if you haven't closed it down.

If this is the case and there is on other privacy configuration somewhere else, then you should contact ZA support as this is obviously not the way it should be. As you have bought their product they should help you, too...

Gerald

Reply to
Gerald Vogt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.