help with proxy please

I guess he wanted to include the word "can". Using a proxy in violation of your company's policy might be illegitimate.

But I wonder why he's even hyping it so much. Using proxies is nothing special, even though it's pretty useless in most cases.

Reply to
Sebastian G.
Loading thread data ...

Re ChronJob

I support the American people getting their country back from your kind, anything should be allowed & will be!!

Reply to
Anonymous

ChronJob

I support the American people getting their country back from your kind, anything should be allowed & will be!!

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

It was not his usual company-policy rant. He made a claim about the jurisdicial system which was more than questionable.

Reply to
Jens Hoffmann

And that doesn't change monitoring of what you do inside the USA or that the proxy ouside the USA may be a US or US Friendly proxy setup to make you think it's safe.

Reply to
Leythos

Ther service I use, as I have said before, is a P2P proxy service that is in Mexico, and run by a retiree at an over-55 community near Ensenada. From your computer, to the server in Mexico, the traffic is encrypted, so the government cannot monitor what you do. And since the main server in in MEXICO, it is only subject to MEXICAN laws.

Reply to
Chilly8

X-No-Archive: Yes

However, using a proxy to listen to Pandora from outside, the U.S., to circumvent the filters that restrict listening to the U.S., is LEGAL. Using a proxy to circumvent the geographic restrictions does NOT violate ANY law in ANY country.

Reply to
Chilly8

You keep claiming things you can't prove, you don't really know who operates the proxy and you don't know what they do with the information.

Reply to
Leythos

The only things I use the proxy for, myself, is to post anonymously to newsgroups, or to cirucmvent geographic restrictions on services, such as Pandora, which restrict listeners to the U.S. So I really don't have to worry about what these people do with my information. There are NO laws again posting anonymously to newsgroups, or against desgusuising your IP address, you can access geographically restricted content, such as Pandora.

During March Madness last year, there was even on American TV presenter that gave out information, on the air, on how to circumvent corporate filtering, to watch the games, using Tor. She did NOT violate ANY laws in the United States, by broadcasting this information to the viewing audience, and on one of the major nationwide cable news networks, to boot.

Reply to
Chilly8

Wrong. That was easy.

Cheers, Jens

Reply to
Jens Hoffmann

merry xmas to you as well.

RE ANON and NOMEN :: AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! couldnt agree more. all these folks are just SO pleased to bend over for the man, cuz the govt is NOT SHADY AT ALL, theyre just looking out for us, right? they can all go eat some grass like the sheep they are.

Reply to
irieonei

X-No-Archive: Yes

It is NOT illegal to circumvent geographic restrictions. It is no different than it would be if I used a dial-up provider in another country to circumvent geographic restrictions. Using a proxy to listen to Pandora, from outside the United States, to circumvent the geographic restrictions, does NOT violate ANY laws in the United States OR Australia (where I live).

Reply to
Chilly8

You said it is not illegal in any country. And tzhat is simply wrong.

Which is not allowed in all countries of mother earth.

Reply to
Jens Hoffmann

Take your problems and solve them yourself. We have our own data hungry government to tame.

Reply to
Jens Hoffmann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.