Help regarding changing program

Hi Current firewall is

ZoneAlarm version:5.5.062.011 TrueVector version:5.5.062.011 Driver version:5.5.062.011

My plan is to schedule AVG to update itself at about 5 in the morning. As well as updating the virus definitions, the core program of AVG sometimes updates too. This means the next time the AVG updater next contacts the server to make an update, ZoneAlarm warns me that the program has changed - as any firewall would.

Therefore since I would not be around to answer the question, AVG would not be able to update, so would I be better of scheduling for another time? I think if the PC is not switched on when AVG tries to make its scheduled update, it will try next time it is on and detects a network connection.

I see this is covered by the help and would involve me switching the authentication to just filename only rather than filename + checksum, but I was wondering what others do as my thick brain can't seem to think of the best way of doing this

Reply to
Mike NG
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.