help ftp error 530

running windows xp family with router Netgear RP614 v3 and ftp client filezilla 3.0.8.1

This used to work excellent. I had to reinstall windows. Then I reinstalled all my softs and filezilla comes up with the following error :

530 Desole ce compte est deja utilise Erreur :Connexion au serveur impossible ! (impossible to connect to the server)

I have tried all my knowledge, googled, red all the doc i could find, modified a lot of router configuration including of course passive mode and nothing works

thank you for helping if possible jerome

Reply to
groupeCompteRendu
Loading thread data ...

Well, about sniffing the actual network traffic? WireShark is a good tool for doing so.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

I forgot to tell that when i do an ftp session at the DOS shell command line it works correctly. I downloaded a file from my server "get" i uploaded another "put" and even deleted one "del/dele". Which means that there is no problem with the server. In order to make it sure i had a command line session with my Linux box and it worked also fine. On the other hand i tried to utilize Ethereal and coudl not get anything out of it since the leraning curve was really steep. So i am afraid that if i get WireShark my unsifficient knowledge will prevent me from drawing any useful conclusion.!!!!!! thanks anyway for helping. friendly regards jerome

Reply to
groupeCompteRendu

ok, means server/permissions and network are ok - problem is your client.

is it configured for wrong ports? is your windows firewall blocking it? turn it off TEMPORARILY to see if thats the prob. do you see your filezilla connection getting as far as the netgear router?

M
Reply to
mak

Hello I had the problems with Filezilla 3.0.8.1 Finally I moved it out and went back to the version 2.2.30 and IT WORKS FINE. It is a bug from the Filezilla client new version. Well now everything is ok. Let me thank you once more for helping. friendly regards jerome

Reply to
groupeCompteRendu

Usually the first step in troubleshooting FTP is to toggle passive/active.

-Gary

Reply to
Gary

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.